HERNDON, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--School may be almost out for summer, but that doesn’t mean learning should stop. To engage students over the summer and give them a head start on career planning, Stride, Inc. (NYSE: LRN) is offering a variety of free Stride K12 Virtual Summer Camps and Courses to students in grades 6-12, in a broad range of topics including career exploration, math, entrepreneurship, theatre, music, computer coding, and nursing.
“After a school year unlike any other, the time is right for students to begin preparing for a brighter future,” said Dr. Shaun McAlmont, President of Career Learning Solutions at Stride. “Whether families are maintaining their social distance or looking to take learning on the road this summer, Stride’s K12 programs will help keep learning going as students connect, create, and realize their full potential.”
According to a recent study, 65% of U.S. parents are looking for summer opportunities to help their students make up for deficits caused by lost classroom time amid the pandemic. And when it comes to exploring career options, the majority of high school students and their families are ready to start before graduation day, and they’re interested in doing so online: more than half of parents say that they and their children are likely to choose a schooling option with an online career learning offering.
The Stride K12 Summer Camps bring this opportunity to students before the next school year gets underway, from anywhere with an internet connection.
From June through August, the free Stride K12 Virtual Summer Camps and Courses will help meet the interests and schedules of middle and high schoolers nationwide. Participating students will have the chance to connect with a diverse range of industry experts, build essential skills, and find new opportunities to expand their horizons as they head into the new school year and beyond:
- Students who want to earn high school credit in Algebra 1, Algebra 2, and Geometry can enroll in a free 20-day course taught through K12 Private Academy. This course is ideal for students who want to catch up or get ahead on essential content, and the course may be eligible for credit transfer to a student’s home district or school. There will also be a two-week enrichment Math Camp covering these topics.
- Career-minded students will set themselves up for success at the four-day #FutureBuilt Career Skills Camp and the third annual Job Shadow Week. Students will connect with leaders from high-profile companies and organizations as they explore real career journeys, build their resumes, practice interviews, and more.
- Now in its second year, the two-week eSports and Coding Camp introduces students to the world of computer coding, combined with serious eSports tournament action.
- Nursing Exploration Camp is designed for teens who are ready to explore opportunities within the high-demand field of nursing. Students will participate in interactive sessions with leaders from Chamberlain University, HOSA-Future Health Professionals, and Tallo.
- Through a collaboration with Northeastern University, students enrolled in the Skills for Success: Entrepreneurial Mindset program will take on an entrepreneurship challenge, creating and pitching their own solutions to real world problems.
- Random Acts Theatre Camp will put students on the virtual stage, as they think on their feet to create original characters, stories, and performances. Budding musicians at the Summer Rock and Jam Camp will connect for instrument fundamentals, with a focus on experimentation and musical development.
- Exclusively for members of the Class of 2021 at Stride Career Prep powered schools and programs, the Career Skills Intensive will pair grads with professional career coaches to help polish resumes, practice interview skills, and prep for the next steps in their academic and professional journeys.
Tuition-free registration is now open for the Stride K12 Virtual Summer Camps. For more information, visit: www.k12.com/online-public-schools/tuition-free-summer-school-programs.html.
About Stride, Inc.
At Stride, Inc. (NYSE: LRN) we are reimagining learning – where learning is lifelong, deeply personal, and prepares learners for tomorrow. The company has transformed the teaching and learning experience for millions of people by providing innovative, high-quality, tech-enabled education solutions, curriculum, and programs directly to students, schools, the military, and enterprises in primary, secondary, and post-secondary settings. Stride is a premier provider of K-12 education for students, schools, and districts, including career learning services through middle and high school curriculum. For adult learners, Stride delivers professional skills training in healthcare and technology, as well as staffing and talent development for Fortune 500 companies. Stride has delivered millions of courses over the past decade and serves learners in all 50 states and more than 100 countries. The company is a proud sponsor of the Future of School, a nonprofit organization dedicated to closing the gap between the pace of technology and the pace of change in education. More information can be found at stridelearning.com, K12.com, galvanize.com, techelevator.com, and medcerts.com.
Director, Corporate Communications