A Stride Student Advisor Shares Common Questions About Online School & Her Take On The Answers
By Kate Encinas, Stride Student Advisor
With the first half of this school year already well under way, and the second half not far ahead, many students are already processing a lot of changes in education. Some students have been in online classes for the very first time. Other students are possibility considering enrolling in an online school. For both students and parents, there may be a lot of questions surrounding the online school experience, in general. Most of us have no clue what to do or what to expect when considering online classes for the first time. Trust me, I can relate! Before I started online school, I was clueless and unsure of where to look for the answers, or what I might find. So, as I write this blog post, I will answer some of your questions, but possibly not all of them. However, this post should be a pretty good start if you are considering online school.
A Quick List Of Frequently Asked Questions About Online School
· Are my classes self-paced and flexible? – Here at Stride K12, the answer is definitely yes! Your classes are self-pace and flexible, so you can learn at your own pace and in your own way.
· Do I have a school schedule, like I would in a traditional brick-and-mortar school? – Yes. When you start your first day of school, you will be given a schedule via email, telling you what your days during the week will typically look like. You can also look in your school login dashboard and see your classes for the day and for the week.
· How many hours a day will I be spending online as a student? – As a student, you would spend an average of 5-6 hours a day connecting on your sessions and/or work assignments.
· Will I still make friends and socialize while doing online school? - Of course! At Stride K12 there are lots of social options. You will get to participate in clubs, group projects, and more! Even offline, you can still reconnect will your best pals.
· Is online school difficult? – This all depends on you and your personal preferences for learning. But typically, it isn’t any more difficult than traditional brick-and mortar schools. You do have more freedom, and more self-paced work, than a typical traditional school would offer you. Here at Stride K12, we try our best to help you have the easiest online learning experience possible!
· What if I have technical difficulties? – Contact your school, or the tech support for your school, right away. You are more than welcome to give them a call, and please don’t hesitate to ask for any help!
· How do I know if online school/ learning is right for me? – That’s an amazingly great question. Talking with your parents, mentors, friends, and online school staff are all terrific ways to gain more information to find the best answer to that question for you.
Want to learn more about the benefits of attending an online school? Be sure to check out this Stride Student Advisor article here!
And, to learn more about Stride Career Prep's Student Advisory Council, make sure to visit https://www.k12.com/stride-career-prep/about/student-advisory-council.html