Online Reading Literacy Programs and Resources
Balanced literacy tools and high-interest literature are critical to cultivating a love of reading, especially in the formative years. Spark your students' passion for reading with our Big Universe™ digital reading platform for students in grades K–12.
Balanced Literacy Tools Through Our Affordable Supplemental Platform, Available 24/7 on Any Device
20,000+ Leveled eBooks
- Quality nonfiction and fiction leveled eBooks support K–12 cross-curricular learning and personalized instruction.
- The Big Universe library includes a wide variety of topics—plus Spanish, nonfiction-fiction pairs, and Hi-Lo.
- Approximately 76 percent of texts are for grades K–5; 16 percent grades 6–8; and 6 percent grades 9–12.
- Personal bookshelves allow students to save their favorite eBooks.
Engaging Reading Practice Opportunities
- Powerful search functions help teachers identify eBooks by genre, grade level, Lexile, and other filters.
- Our eBooks can be used to enhance your balanced literacy programs with read-aloud, guided reading, shared reading, and reading workshops.
A Powerful Reading Fluency Tool
- Our Reading Fluency tool uses advanced speech recognition technology to listen to students as they read aloud, retell the story, and respond to questions—and then accurately and efficiently scores students on oral fluency, reading comprehension, and reading level.
- Benchmark assessments and checkpoint progress monitoring make it easy for teachers and students to track reading growth over time.
- The Big Universe platform includes robust management tools for importing SIS data, reporting, content filtering, and other functions.
Put opportunity to work—for your educators, for your learners.
Discover how Stride Learning Solutions can help you empower your educators and inspire lifelong learners.